BIOL 320 Daily Lab Schedule
- Introduction (staff and the lab)
- Lab safety
- Study the external anatomy of the dogfish (shark) and the cat
- Study the microscope slide of the cellular structure of bone
- Study skeletons in the dogfish, cat, pigeon, and human.
- Study the joints in cat
- Study skeletal anatomy on displays for perch, bullfrog and turtles
- Start to work on the cat (skinning) and shark for the next day lab
- Dissect and study the muscular system in dogfish and cat.
- Dissect, study and compare the digestive systems of the shark and the cat.
- Study and compare the digestive system on displays for pigeon, frog and perch
- Evaluation #1
- Dissect, study and compare the respiratory and circulatory systems in the shark and cat. Dissect and examine the sheep pluck: trachea, lungs, heart
- Study and compare the respiratory and cardiovascular system on displays for pigeon, frog and perch
- Dissect, study and compare the urogenital systems in the shark and cat
- Examine the kidney of the sheep
- Using demonstration material and the sheep brain, study the nervous systems of the shark and cat
- Examine the cow eye
- Evaluation #2
AU Press is the centre of scholarly publishing expertise for Athabasca University, Canada’s Open University.
Visit AU’s News and Events page to find out about the upcoming events.
Updated June 27 2017 by Student & Academic Services