BIOL 320 Daily Lab Schedule
- Introduction (staff and the lab)
- Lab safety
- Study the external anatomy of the dogfish (shark) and the cat
- Study the microscope slide of the cellular structure of bone
- Study skeletons in the dogfish, cat, pigeon, and human.
- Study the joints in cat
- Study skeletal anatomy on displays for perch, bullfrog and turtles
- Start to work on the cat (skinning) and shark for the next day lab
- Dissect and study the muscular system in dogfish and cat.
- Dissect, study and compare the digestive systems of the shark and the cat.
- Study and compare the digestive system on displays for pigeon, frog and perch
- Evaluation #1
- Dissect, study and compare the respiratory and circulatory systems in the shark and cat. Dissect and examine the sheep pluck: trachea, lungs, heart
- Study and compare the respiratory and cardiovascular system on displays for pigeon, frog and perch
- Dissect, study and compare the urogenital systems in the shark and cat
- Examine the kidney of the sheep
- Using demonstration material and the sheep brain, study the nervous systems of the shark and cat
- Examine the cow eye
- Evaluation #2
- Digitization Portal
See the T.K. Bakshi Herbarium or our Rocks & Minerals collection
- AU Space
- AU Press
Check out our open access scholarly press.
- AU Blog
Read stories about our students, faculty, research, awards and events.
Updated June 27 2017 by Student & Academic Services