Safety Pledge for Home Lab
- Wear approved eye protection at all times doing your lab activities.
- Confine long hair when doing your lab activities.
- Perform no unauthorized experiments.
- Select a safe site for lab activities in your home that is well ventilated, and protected from spills, children and pets.
- Keep all chemicals and equipment out of the reach of children and pets.
- If possible, keep all unauthorized people out of your selected site when chemicals are in use in order to avoid any unforeseen accidents. If anyone is allowed to observe you or participate in experiments, follow all of the proper safety rules.
- In case of a chemical spill, clean up thoroughly with paper towels and dispose of chemicals out of the reach of children and pets.
- If chemical spills occur on people or clothing, rinse thoroughly with lots of running water, and seek medical attention if necessary.
- Have no food or drink in the lab area. Be sure to thoroughly clean up lab site and all utensils used after working on labs.
AU Press is the centre of scholarly publishing expertise for Athabasca University, Canada’s Open University.
Visit AU’s News and Events page to find out about the upcoming events.
Updated December 11 2014 by Student & Academic Services